Saturday, January 20, 2007

January 19

  • Music played during bfast, discussion about instruments.
  • A few songs, dances, hand motions from one of CHC cds.
  • approx. 20 minutes of folk dancing.
  • Random play while I did lots of nonsense like searching hopelessly for Caroline's other robeez, peeling stickers off clothing and wood floors, wiping up dust bunnies so Caroline doesn't eat them, searching for more missing shoes, unplugging the toilet, wiping up spills and wiping lots of bums.
  • About 25 minutes of hidden pictures w/read aloud of corresponding fairy tales: jack beanstalk, rumpelstiltzskin, elves and the shoemaker. D colored picture of St. Brigid and did lacing.
  • Played Barbies while I read a chapt of Little House
  • Lunch - Madeleine read Pig Will and Seven Chinese Sisters aloud. from memory, not actually reading them. Girls devised a plan for further "studies" about Seven Chinese Sisters. Daddy came up and witnesses this excitement; he didn't quite know what to think. I told him this was good. Kitchen cleaned up-sort of.
  • Out for a walk. watched a tree come down at the neighbor's: learned about chainsawd, chippers, tree trimmers, etc. Walked further, ran up and down their favorite hill.
  • Grabbed a couple branches of 'buds" from Trudy's house to take home and draw.
  • Drawing of rhododendron buds at table. Madeleine drew the dragon from Seven Chin Sis.
  • Made invitation for Jemma for our Noodle soup lunch tomorrow .
  • More planning of our lunch tomorrow.
  • Julee came over to try on the Chinese silks to see which ones fit which child. They are so excited about this. Read the book AGAIN with Jemma present.
  • Practiced for play tomorrow.
  • Cleaned up the house a bit.
  • Daddy ascended from the lower chambers, and we had dinner: Chicken stew.
  • Girls played in living room with Pete while I "did the computer"
  • Ready for bed.
  • Pete playing in bedroom w/EDC while I read w/Madeleine alone : "Days of the Blackbird" "Brigid's Cloak" "Lemon Sisters"
  • Bed
  • C sitting with Pete on couch while I "do my thing." She fell asleep.
  • ME stayed up late and talked.

No comments: