Friday, February 2, 2007

Candlemas - February 2

If Candlemas be fair and bright
Winter has another flight

If Candlemas brings clouds and rain
Winter will not come again.
~ English Proverb ~

  • Read flower fairies at breakfast and "Mary's story" - Presentation section and then they wanted me to keep going. Helen Caan's pictures do that to ya!
  • Dorothy played with blocks/dollhouse while Madeleine and Erika colored Presentation coloring pages and did "Candlemas" copywork. Memorized above poem.
  • Girls brought up all our candles from downstairs and set them up on the altar. Not going to Mass this morning cuz M and C are still a bit sick. And, I don't want to look at catholic school girls in extremely short skirts.
  • Read lots of books on couch once Caroline went down for a nap.
  • Floor lady came over to measure kitchen floor and discuss installation.
  • Lunch
  • Games in living room as I coordinated a change up in the afternoon plans cuz Pete wouldn't be home.
  • Left for Caroline's doctor appointment. She's still not growing. Ugh!
  • Home to furnace guy.
  • Girls quiet time in living room with Miss Pattycake while I veg out on the computer.
  • Dinner by candle-light-only. Girls told daddy all about Candlemas and the Presentation. Recited poem. Said 4th decade of the rosary after dinner.
  • Pete did Jammies / Books while I cleaned up kitched and fed Caroline.
  • we'll watch a movie while I scrap tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, what did the ped say about Caroline?