- Whirlwind day. Lots of enthusiasm and new discussions all over the place. I could barely catch my breath.
- Everyone slept in as I stayed up late last night planning for Lent; I always seem to do this when Pete is out of town. Up, quick shower with the girls playing on my bed. Caroline bit Erika's cheek, so it was a quick shower. Got everyone dressed and then on to breakfast. Oh my gosh...questions question questions....where is daddy? show us on the map. what is sugar made out of. when is caroline's next tooth coming in. what temperature will it be today? how long does it take an adult to say a rosary AND a divine mercy chaplet? How long is the esophagas? how come your poop is sometimes green and sometimes brown? how come santa claus only brought us ONE box of "sugar cereal?" and on and on and on.....
- So, I FINALLY get everyone settled in with their oatmeal, my coffee warmed up for the MILLIONTH time and Caroline's food ready to shove in her mouth when, OF COURSE, someone spills their milk. Breakfast is crazy; it's amazing I ever make it past 9 am.
- We lingered at breakfast b/c I wanted to talk a bit about Lent. So, we did.
- Caroline down for a nap. must've been all that howling she did at breakfast.
- Everyone cleaned up and moved to the big table. Drawing (more hearts) while I read the Bernadette / Lourdes book that we started the day before. Waaayyyy too many questions and interuptions for me to keep from exploding, so i put myself in time-out, and said the Divine Praises in the hallway. back to the table.
- Practiced singing Alleluia loudly, cuz Sunday will be the last time we'll hear it. Went over psalm refrain.
- Floor installer here to give me a bid. 30 minutes. He commented about our Guadalupe statue in front yard.
- Went for a long walk.
- Back in to play with our findings from the walk.
- lunch
- clean up and play
- Quiet time:everyone listened to Glory Stories. D, C fell asleep.
- M,E played "baptizing babies" and I cleaned up kitchen and checked email.
- Madeleine did "St. Valentine" copywork.
- M,E started coloring their "lenten path" sheet. I explained it to them.
- D up. Anne over. I left to go pick out linoleum.
- Girls melted chocolate and froze it. all kinds of containers of brown water are in my freezer and i have NO idea WHAT I'm supposed to do with them now. they just told me to "leave them in there." so, I do.
- dinner
- lots of free play time, as I spent too much time on the phone with pete and my mom and michelle. but, they just kept wanting to play. Dorothy had her dollies saying the rosary. so cute.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
February 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment