- Morning routine.
- Breakfast. Caroline went back to sleep before we were done with breakfast, so I started reading Raggedy Anne. Raggedy had breakfast with us too.
- Read Joseph's story. They LOVE this book. I think it's really good, but wordy. They love every word and can tell if I'm changing the words. going to egypt is the favorite part. Drew Joseph pictures and more hearts.
- Had fun with some silly poems. Went through lots of Flower Fairy poems, discussions about the pictures. St. Valentine's day poems. talked about the weather. lots of questions about the weather and sharks. Had to call pete for an answer about some of the shark questions, though. they were some tough questions.
- Read Saint Valentine book and Bernadette book while ME drew and D did blocks.
- Lunch
- Madeleine drew Mary on a donkey while E,D played in liv room.
- Talked about Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart. Got pictures down and looked at them. they tried to draw the hearts but it was too hard. NEXT!
- Walk outside
- In for drawing time. Rosemary twig, budding cherry tree branch, pinecone, catkills. I drew too....rosemary. Madeleine was very impressed.
- Watched Song of Bernadette while I prepped dinner.
- Dinner. Pete gone
- Jammies. sat in their room onthe floor and said rosary and litany of the saints.
- Madeleine and Erika slept together in Erika's bed. They were so thrilled with themselves....they came out to tell me at about 8:00 that they said the Rosary together! And to think I was about to "blow it" with them for not going to sleep. Thank goodness I didn't. Erika said she prayed for people who were sick and sad and for people who didn't have homes. Madeleine prayed for people who didn't have any friends. (how's THAT for a typical "sanguine" temperament?) LOL!
- Took Caroline to Bob's for 20 minutes so that I could ZIP around the house and get a few things done quickly! It's such a big help that my neighbors LIKE to hold my baby for 20 minutes at night when Pete's gone!
- I stayed up late reading and planning for Lent.
Monday, February 12, 2007
February 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment